ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (141/192) > >>

urlwolf:
by the way if anyone has a nice alternative to onenote that runs under linux, I'm all ears.

I wonder what's so difficult to 'get right' in this type of application. But the fact that we have a record-settling thread on this very topic implies that it must be damn difficult.

Features I need:
good outliner (e.g., keep tabs indentation)
No proprietary format
image support
keep format when copying from the web
Fast search

kartal:
Urlwolf

Wikidpad is for you. The only thing that would be problem is web clips. This is doable because Wikidpad offers edit and preview modes you cannot see html pages in  edit mode but in preview page you can see the html is you can copy paste the html of the selected web clip. Probably there is a firefox extension for that.

urlwolf:
yes, Wikidpad looks good.
Nowhere near the functionality of oneNote, but it'd suffice.

The problem is to get all the stuff I have in oneNote out of there(!). Vendor-lockin at its best.

Well, opera doesn't know how to cut and paste html, believe it or not. So that's bad... but I have the same problem with onenote.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

urlwolf:
correction: wikipad sucks on linux. Lots of bugs.

Dormouse:
Have you considered basket? I've not tried it myself, but its on my list of options to look at for when I am spending more time in Linux?

Though, looking at the website, it doesn't look as if it clips webpages directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version