ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General brainstorming for Note-taking software

<< < (91/192) > >>

rjbull:
paulobrabo,

I found this little gem of minimalism: it's called Mempad.

http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/wmem.htm
-paulobrabo (April 15, 2007, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

My constant "problem" with it (if I remember correctly) was using Ctrl-F Find, then tabbing between note pane and tree pane when I should have Ctrl-tabbed.  In that case, it replaces "found" text with a tab character, losing data.  That happened so often that I abandoned it.

CONS(?):
(1) Imports txt files only as far as I can see (not counting its own file format)

--- End quote ---

Try asking the author.  He may have a separate free-standing program for exporting in HTML that's not yet on his Web site.

rjbull:
Looks like Notelens meets the need. OK sofar.
[...]
But saves notes as separate .txt files
Possible to import existing .txt files. Notelens just indexex these files. Does not change the location
-ganrad (April 15, 2007, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think Aignes' AM-Notebook works like that.  You might want to compare them.

paulobrabo:
My constant "problem" with it (if I remember correctly) was using Ctrl-F Find, then tabbing between note pane and tree pane when I should have Ctrl-tabbed.  In that case, it replaces "found" text with a tab character, losing data.  That happened so often that I abandoned it.
-rjbull (April 16, 2007, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yes, I could replicate that - ahem - feature. I will write the author about html exporting, thank you for the heads up.

P

JeffK:
I must have signed up for the EverNote email list some time ago.  I had it installed once but didn't take a lot of notice.  I received an email today promoting the new version 2.0 Plus.  I have been trying it with my tablet laptop and it appears to be very good.  I am very impressed by its ability to search for text in graphics, and to interpret my handwriting.  The email offered it for $US30 (normally $50?).  I'm not sure haw that discount can be made available to DC members.

Here is an excerpt from the email:-

"We are excited to announce the availability of EverNote 2.0!

For the first time on the market, the EverNote Team brings to your PC search for printed and handwritten text in images! Seamlessly find your scanned receipts, forms and records; camera phone snapshots of price tags, whiteboard brainstorms, and much more! Experience our unique AIR-search technology!

EverNote Plus 2.0 also includes handwriting recognition, shape and chart recognition and keyword search in handwritten notes captured on Tablet PC or other pen-enabled devices.

We worked hard to implement multiple new features and improvements requested by EverNote users. The new version includes:

Improved UI - Note List with automatically generated titles, multi-color Flags, Embedded To-Dos
Advanced capturing of content and portions of your screen via new Universal Clipper
Greatly improved category management:
Keyword search in categories
New time categories
New category stamp dialogs
Enhanced backup system and more... "

JeffK:
Further to the above a liitle bit more research indicates that the new version is quite different to v1.5 so it would be worth another look for some of you.  AFAICT the upgrade is $US19.95.  MS OneNote has the recognise text in images capability apparently.  I hope to kook at OneNote soon but in the meantime EverNote is very interesting.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version