ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Router Q: Bandwidth thottling

(1/2) > >>

Cloq:
Do any consumer routers support bandwidth throttling/packet shaping? 4-8 port router with wireless support.

It would really help in a family situation, prevent certain members of the family from hogging all the bandwidth due using peer to peer like apps for instance.

I have tried the QoS and like approach. Really doesn't seem to make a real difference.

Perry Mowbray:
I have a young son who can use a lot of our Bandwidth at times, and I've found a gentle word will get him to throttle himself; he uses NetLimitter I think ...

cranioscopical:
I've found a gentle word will get him to throttle himself-Perry Mowbray (August 01, 2010, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should probably have posted this under new products and services but…
If all else fails, for a modest fee (plus expenses) I'll come round and throttle him for you  :)

patthecat:
Check to see if the ASUS RT-N12 or ASUS RT-N13 fits your needs.  They can be found in Buy.com, Newegg.com, and jr.com. 

JavaJones:
I would just buy something compatible with DDWRT (list here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Supported_Devices ) and use the throttling feautures built-in to the software.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version