topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: TicTac 1.7.0.0  (Read 20983 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TicTac 1.6.0.0
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 01:02 PM »
TicTac Lite is available from the same page. It works the same as TicTac, but instead of using a Tray Icon Menu, it just uses an invisible window and hotkeys. I implemented it as a vc++ Win32 message loop with no icons or other resources to keep it small.

When run, if it loads successfully you should hear a chime. Press Alt-F1 for About box(with opportunity to donate.) :)  Press Win-NumberPad0 to get a Quit confirmation dialog.  Win-NumPad1 - 9 moves the active window same as TicTac.

that will suit me better, thanks Miles :Thmbsup:
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 02:42 PM »
a very minor thing re TicTacLite and TicTac

if a window is already full screen height*, TicTac either shifts it up or down a few pixels (with all keys), meaning one edge gets very slightly cropped. Not a big deal but reporting anyways - so only fix if you like!

* (edit) I also use GridMove and often work with windows that are full height but maybe a third or 2/3 of screen width
Tom
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:44 PM by tomos »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm updating both so that the Margin can be set to a range 0 to 12 pixels. I have an old CRT monitor and 4 pixels keeps the frame from looking chopped.  But with new flat screen people probably want 0. :)

The programs don't test if the window is actually full screen size(which would usually be larger than the Work Area) or even bigger.  In that case I'd suggest putting it in the uppler left corner to at least be able to get at the caption bar.

I think with TicTac Lite I'm just going to use a command line number instead of messing with .ini file.  Just to keep it self-contained.  For instance:
c:> TicTacLite 8

would set the margin to 8.

Just make a shortcut with the param to avoid typing if you like.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TicTac 1.7.0.0
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:25 PM »
TicTac 1.7.0.0 Added .ini file option to set the margin(how many pixels away from the Work Area edge the window is positioned.)  Valid range is 0 to 12 pixels. Default is 4.  Be sure to edit the .ini file while the program is not running. Otherwise it will overwrite the setting when it saves the .ini on close. This setting is likely to be set once and forgotten.  For that reason I didn't add a command to the menu for it.  Likely you would only change the setting again if you changed monitors.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21 AM »
TicTac Lite is available from the same page. It works the same as TicTac, but instead of using a Tray Icon Menu, it just uses an invisible window and hotkeys. I implemented it as a vc++ Win32 message loop with no icons or other resources to keep it small.

When run, if it loads successfully you should hear a chime. Press Alt-F1 for About box(with opportunity to donate.) :)  Press Win-NumberPad0 to get a Quit confirmation dialog.  Win-NumPad1 - 9 moves the active window same as TicTac.

I'm not very familiar with the hotkeys to move windows in Windows 7, so I dont know if it's worthwhile using TicTac/Lite (?)

Anyways - on Win7 64bit - I tried running TicTac Lite
  • "normally"
  • as admin
  • in XP SP3 comaptible mode

each time, I got this message:

---------------------------
TicTacLite
Could Not Register Win-NumPad 0 Quit Hotkey - Aborting!
OK  

what do you reckon? :)
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 07:19 PM »
I would use TicClick now instead.

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

It only uses one mouse hotkey and one key hotkey, instead of trying to make hotkeys out of all the number keys on the numeric keypad.  For example to move the active window press Shift-NumberPadMultiply.  A little gui pops up with a number pad. Now you can hit a number 1 - 9 on the number pad, or click the number with the mouse, to move the window. It's an extra step but it avoids having to assign all the number pad keys as global hotkeys. Some other program on your system has probably taken Win-Numpad-0 already.

Also it has an Edit IniFile command in the tray menu that allows you to change the hotkeys. When the editor pops up the .ini file has comments explaining modifier and main keys etc..