Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 10:04:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MiniCap screenshot completely white - run from Scheduled Task  (Read 2943 times)
alexs77
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 30, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »

Hi.

I'm using MiniCap v1.21.01 on a Windows XP system. To create the screenshot, I'm using the following commands in a .cmd file:

SET SCRIPT_DIR=D:\PerformanceTests\Scripts
%SCRIPT_DIR%"\MiniCap\MiniCap.exe" -capturedesktop -save %SCRIPT_DIR%"\..\Report\Logs\Screenshots\Pre-Run\%COMPUTERNAME% Pre-Run $customdate$.png" -customdate "$Y-$m-$d $H.$M.$S" -exit

But this doesn't look so good...

As you can see, the image is completely white. That's not what I expected. When I run the above command manually in a cmd window, MiniCap creates a screenshot the way it's supposed to be. But I need to create screenshots from a Scheduled Task, which runs a .cmd batch file. I'm not logged in when the Scheduled Task is run and the desktop is then also locked.

Is there a way to create a screenshot showing actual content under these circumstances?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Alexander
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »

i wonder if this has to do with the scheduled task running under lesser permissions than needed.  is there an way through scheduler to run minicap task as an administrator?
alexs77
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »

I doubt it has to do with permissions. If I logon to the system using RDP and preventing the system from locking the desktop, I get good screenshots.

The scheduled task is set to only run when the user is logged in, BTW. I automatically login after boot.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »

can you see if its only -capturedesktop that is yielding white captures, what about -capturescreeen
alexs77
Participant

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »

-capturescreen also generated a white image file. I also tried -captureregion: No success there either Sad

BTW: It's not just MiniCap which "doesn't work": I also tried NirCmd http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html and it "misbehaves" the same way (well, sorta - it makes black images... *G*)
alexs77
Participant

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:29 AM »

BTW: It's easy to reproduce: Create a Scheduled Task using the command shown in my first post. Set it to run "if logged in". Logout, wait until time scheduled task has run, login, look at screenshot taken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.05 ]