topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MiniCap screenshot completely white - run from Scheduled Task  (Read 5876 times)

alexs77

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi.

I'm using MiniCap v1.21.01 on a Windows XP system. To create the screenshot, I'm using the following commands in a .cmd file:

SET SCRIPT_DIR=D:\PerformanceTests\Scripts
%SCRIPT_DIR%"\MiniCap\MiniCap.exe" -capturedesktop -save %SCRIPT_DIR%"\..\Report\Logs\Screenshots\Pre-Run\%COMPUTERNAME% Pre-Run $customdate$.png" -customdate "$Y-$m-$d $H.$M.$S" -exit

But this doesn't look so good...

SVNPC01324 Pre-Run 2010-07-30 12.00.02.pngMiniCap screenshot completely white - run from Scheduled Task

As you can see, the image is completely white. That's not what I expected. When I run the above command manually in a cmd window, MiniCap creates a screenshot the way it's supposed to be. But I need to create screenshots from a Scheduled Task, which runs a .cmd batch file. I'm not logged in when the Scheduled Task is run and the desktop is then also locked.

Is there a way to create a screenshot showing actual content under these circumstances?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Alexander

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: MiniCap screenshot completely white - run from Scheduled Task
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:51 AM »
i wonder if this has to do with the scheduled task running under lesser permissions than needed.  is there an way through scheduler to run minicap task as an administrator?

alexs77

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54 AM »
I doubt it has to do with permissions. If I logon to the system using RDP and preventing the system from locking the desktop, I get good screenshots.

The scheduled task is set to only run when the user is logged in, BTW. I automatically login after boot.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:10 AM »
can you see if its only -capturedesktop that is yielding white captures, what about -capturescreeen

alexs77

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25 AM »
-capturescreen also generated a white image file. I also tried -captureregion: No success there either :(

BTW: It's not just MiniCap which "doesn't work": I also tried NirCmd http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html and it "misbehaves" the same way (well, sorta - it makes black images... *G*)

alexs77

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29 AM »
BTW: It's easy to reproduce: Create a Scheduled Task using the command shown in my first post. Set it to run "if logged in". Logout, wait until time scheduled task has run, login, look at screenshot taken.