ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Synchronizing a few folders between two machines?

<< < (12/12)

Armando:
@Armando - not to mention it was made in Canada :)
-apankrat (October 14, 2010, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really !?  Cool !  :beerchug:

sajman99:
CopyTo Synchronizer has apparently been around for years as shareware, but it was recently released as freeware (10-1-2010).

I've only used it for a short time, but it seems a very capable backup and sync tool. I particularly like the compact GUI and customizable preview window.

Definitely not a portable tool, but lots of features.

Armando:
Thanks for the link.
Not portable... And doesn't seem like it can do partial file updating, copy open files or detect renamed/moved files/folders though.

sajman99:
Thanks for the link.
Not portable... And doesn't seem like it can do partial file updating, copy open files or detect renamed/moved files/folders though.
-Armando (October 18, 2010, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

True, Bvckup is the more advanced tool in the respects you mention. Also, CopyTo has no realtime sync. No doubt, I remain very impressed with Bvckup's capabilities.

On the other hand, CopyTo Synchronizer can perform differential backup, incremental backup, and bidirectional synchronization.

I suppose it's a case of the right tool for the right job.

[edit: excepting renamed/moved files from the first sentence btw. ;) I realize Bvckup doesn't do that yet.]

Armando:
I suppose it's a case of the right tool for the right job.
-sajman99 (October 18, 2010, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly... I really need everything Bvckup offers. Versioning will make it mostly complete as far as I'm concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version