ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Synchronizing a few folders between two machines?

<< < (8/12) > >>

kamiller42:
I also throw my vote in for Beyond Compare. You get an awesome file comparison tool as a bonus.

MerleOne:
About SFFS being overkill, I don't think so.  One doesn't have to set all options, basic default ones are already well suited to most tasks, it has also a rather unique feature I like a lot : when you move a file within source folder (from a subfolder to another one), then SFFS moves the same file in the same way on the destination without erasing it from the first location and copying it to the second.

deefrawley:
I used, and really liked, Synchronize It!

MerleOne:
I just discovered Bvckup and really like what I'm seeing with this beta synchronization software. Seems the features are well thought out and implemented in a simplified GUI.

Bvckup is currently free during the beta stage and will be $19.95 for a personal license/$49.95 for a commercial license.

BUT take note Bvckup beta testers are appreciated by the author. 8)
-sajman99 (August 19, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I recently had a look at bvckup and it's incredibly promising, the installer is just around 400kbB and it's already such a powerful product.  I like the delta update feature, plus all the bonuses added by the developer.  I strongly recommend that anyone reading this thread give it a try :) !

Armando:
I completely agree. I'm waiting for the VSS implementation to retest it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version