ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why do support people never answer questions?

(1/4) > >>

Jibz:
I changed the name of the software I made the inquiry about in this particular case below to Foo, since it could have been pretty much any companies support department that sent this reply:

> I was looking at your product and was wondering if there were any
> plans to add support for TheBat?
>
> I guess it might be possible to export to mbox and then import into
> Foo, but it would be a lot easier if there was real support for
> it.

thank you for your interest in Foo.

Currently Foo provides no direct support for the email client TheBat but as you said correctly you can export to mbox and archive those file with Foo.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact me again.-Average Support Person
--- End quote ---

Sometimes I wonder if they have courses in how to avoid answering any actual questions by just stating the obvious wrapped in macro text :mrgreen:.

cranioscopical:
I wonder if they have courses in how to avoid answering any actual questions by just stating the obvious
-Jibz (July 29, 2010, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
These support people — they don't have a leg to stand on!

J-Mac:
Actually that answer is much clearer than some I have seen. It means "No", they have no current plans to support The Bat - or if they maybe, possibly do they aren't talking about it yet. Let's face it: software developers are not going to expose their look-ahead plans. Never happens - well almost never, and when one does if they are off at all with their schedule they get grief forever.

Jim

Jibz:
I guess you can read anything into it by saying she is answering the question by not answering the question .. at the end of the day she is still not answering the question.

Curt:
don't forget that many of these people don't speak/read/write English any better than my mother. Well, to put it straight; most are Russians... you need to make it simple. Don't blur a question by telling that you know this and that... >>I guess it might be possible to export to mbox and then import into Foo<< could simply be confusing to her; Is it a question or what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version