ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

lap top cooling pad

<< < (5/5)

ljbirns:
Cpilot:

I bought a Belkin pad for my wife's laptop.  Puts it at a nice angle .  Speedfan consistently shows the core temps between   25 and 34 C.

She had an old Dell Inspiron 2600 from 2001 or 2  HD  fried . I put in a new HD and reinstalled XP.  Speedfan only shows the HD temp on this one so I tried your  cputemp.
 It shows temp of 0 C or 32 F which I don't think can be correct.  

Cpilot:
Cpilot:

I bought a Belkin pad for my wife's laptop.  Puts it at a nice angle .  Speedfan consistently shows the core temps between   25 and 34 C.

She had an old Dell Inspiron 2600 from 2001 or 2  HD  fried . I put in a new HD and reinstalled XP.  Speedfan only shows the HD temp on this one so I tried your  cputemp.
 It shows temp of 0 C or 32 F which I don't think can be correct. 

-ljbirns (August 14, 2010, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
That means that it doesn't have the sensor needed to return the values from MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature, like I said, I didn't include any error checking in the script because I basically just wrote it for myself.
I just thought it might be useful to some here considering the title of the thread.
When you google "cpu temperature monitor" there's all kinds of freeware utilities out there you can download and try, most of them rely on the MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature instance to operate.
If Speedfan only shows the HD temp then it relies on MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature instance also and confirms the lack of the cpu sensor.
You could try Motherboard Monitor which installs a driver to read info from your BIOS I believe.
Other than that I really haven't looked to hard into the other alternatives to return thermal information from the system.
When I have more time I may read up more on it.

ljbirns:
Thank you, Cpilot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version