topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DRM Management  (Read 34691 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DRM Management
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Ah, no. Whenever I buy DRM tracks/albums, I immediately burn them to CD. So, I've got access to the tracks but I have quite a few that I purchased about 8 years ago that I can no longer play from the orginal files, as the DRM licenses are MIA and Puretracks won't let me download up to date licenses anymore.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Ah, no. Whenever I buy DRM tracks/albums, I immediately burn them to CD. So, I've got access to the tracks but I have quite a few that I purchased about 8 years ago that I can no longer play from the orginal files, as the DRM licenses are MIA and Puretracks won't let me download up to date licenses anymore.

So you burned them to CD. Now have you tried ripping them back to your hard drive as MP3? With something other than WMP?

Jim

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 06:34 PM »
No, no, I'm not explaining myseff well  ;D

The originally purchased wma and/or mp3 files no longer play because the DRM files are long since gone. The CD's, and any mp3/wma file I rip from them, play fine. However, when I re-rip the CD files to a compressed format, I lose audio integrity. It tangentially (also) ticks me off that the files I paid for are no longer accessible to me. At any rate, I'd like to get rid of the files that I can no longer play and the app suggested sounds like just the ticket to do this quickly.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 09:22 PM »
OK. Me? I have burned and re-ripped DRM tracks back to MP3 and they play fine here. Of course I am not extremely discriminating regarding very high-quality sound; $200 stereo always sounded as good as $2,000 one to me, so the re-ripped MP3's sound fine to me.

Jim

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Darwin, would you mind emailing a couple of unplayable tracks to me for testing purposes? 

[email protected]

Thanks.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 11:18 PM »
OK. Me? I have burned and re-ripped DRM tracks back to MP3 and they play fine here. Of course I am not extremely discriminating regarding very high-quality sound; $200 stereo always sounded as good as $2,000 one to me, so the re-ripped MP3's sound fine to me.

Jim

Well... I'm with you, really. Not too discerning an ear on PC speakers. However, it's the prinicple that annoys me! I am very principled, ya know?  :P

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 07:53 AM »
I promise I haven't forgotten about this app.  Here's what it looks like to this point:

2010-08-04_075121.pngDRM Management

I need to implement the delete routine and it should be good to go.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Ooh! Looks nice - thank you, skwire  :-*

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Website | Download

Give TrackErr a try, please.

1) Load the list via the toolbar buttons or via drag-n-drop.
2) Click the Scan button and wait until it's done.
3) Tracks with a red icon could not be initialised properly.
4) You can highlight them and click the Delete button to send them to the Recycle Bin.

main.pngDRM Management

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 11:47 AM »
One caveat:

You can use this to find audio tracks that have DRM on them since they will fail when the BASS audio engine tries to initialise them.  However, TrackErr CANNOT KNOW if you have a valid DRM license for said files (or if that is even the reason a file couldn't initialise).  All TrackErr can do is let you know if a track couldn't be played like a normal file.  It is UP TO YOU to determine if the errored tracks should be deleted.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:49 AM by skwire »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Feature requests: :D

Any way you could add a button to "clean up" the list? i.e. click a button to remove all the good tracks from the list and show only the ones that fail? I just scanned my library of 3,000+ files and it appears there are one or two bad ones in there, but they're kind of hard to find in that huge list.

Also, a status report would be great at the end of a scan. If the status bar at the bottom of the App (where it says "Ready." said something like: "Scan Complete: x Good, y Bad Tracks found" that would be great!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:56 PM by Deozaan »

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 07:50 AM »
Hi skwire.
I wanted to request if you could fix something. I guess the TrackErr is not unicode friends and thus my files that are in non-english language are being shown as 'missing' or 'unplayable'.  I assure you these music files are present and playable with foobar, musicbee and winamp (confirmed).

Here's a pic for proof:

Any chance of getting this fixed?

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Also, could we get a right click option for 'go to original file' or something along those lines when I right click under any entry in the filename column?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DRM Management - TrackErr v1.0.1.1 works fine on Windows 10.
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 02:13 PM »
2017-05-14 0659hrs: Just thought I'd report from a brief test that for TrackErr v1.0.1.1:
  • (a) TrackErr seems to work fine on Windows 10 (http://skwire.dcmemb...om/fp/?page=trackerr says it is not tested on Windows 10).
  • (b) DCUpdater shows installed version of TrackErr as being v1.0.1.1 (which is apparently correct), but the version on the Web as being v1.0.0.1. Not sure why the web version is older.