ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DRM Management

<< < (5/8) > >>

Curt:
AudialsOne, ...

... will find the drm protected files no matter if they can be converted or not. Meaning, that you can ask the program to auto-find and convert all your drm files, and when the converting is done, you can read in the program's window which files were not converted and where they are placed. These are the files you want to delete.

From there, you can use a program like ABBYY Screenshot Reader to get a list of the files. And from there it is just of matter of minutes before skwire or someone else can write you a snack to do the rest...

-Curt (July 28, 2010, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Hey rno2,

You can make the tracks playable if you wish. Just burn them to a CD and then rip the CD back to your hard drive again. The DRM should be gone.

Jim
-J-Mac (July 30, 2010, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the issue is that some tracks will no longer play. I have this problem as well - and it really pisses me off! I purchased some tracks through Puretracks years ago and over time the DRM licenses have been lost (I've gone through two or three new computers since then). Fortunately, I always rip my purchased tracks to CD. However, to recover them to mp3/wma there will be further data loss when I re-compress them.

At any rate, I too would love an application that would scan my collection and offer to delete tracks for which the DRM is missing.

skwire:
As I mentioned before, it would be a piece of cake for me to write an app that would attempt to play any file you throw at it and allow you to delete the ones that won't play.  Obviously, I can't test for the actual presence of DRM crud but the fact that a file won't play should be a pretty good indication.  Would you be interested in something like this?

Darwin:
Hi skwire - yes, I think I would be interested in something like  you describe. What would you do - have the app output the file path to a text file or something?

J-Mac:
Mike, are you saying that burning the tracks to a CD and then ripping them back to your hard drive is not working? I understand that they won't play as is but you can still burn them even if you can't play them, right?

I mentioned this because I have done this in the past and it worked for me.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version