ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DRM Management

(1/8) > >>

rno2:
I am looking for a software that will scan my mp3's and detect if it is using drm. Then check to see if the drm is valid and if it is not, then delete the track. I have many old tracks from napster to go and I want to remove them. Unfortunately I did not put them in their own folder.

skwire:
Are they tagged in any useful way?  Also, I'm not sure how you'd determine if the DRM is "valid".

J-Mac:
Are they tagged in any useful way?  Also, I'm not sure how you'd determine if the DRM is "valid".
-skwire (July 28, 2010, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Many DRM controlled tracks require a check with an online server; WMP does this which is why some tracks can't be played in WMP, at least 11 and 12. I guess rno2 is wondering whether or not any app can run a check like WMP without having to try to play each track. Like a background check?

Jim

skwire:
I guess rno2 is wondering whether or not any app can run a check like WMP without having to try to play each track. Like a background check?-J-Mac (July 28, 2010, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I'm saying...I'm not sure this can be done.

skwire:
Well,  I could write a simple app that would attempt to play each track and any that errored would be considered DRM-protected.  I'd need some sample files to work with, however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version