ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Build a $200 Linux PC -- How-to by ExtremeTech

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
I checked, and didn't see anything like that. It looks like it's still free. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris/downloads/get-jsp-136013.html#download

4wd:
I checked, and didn't see anything like that. It looks like it's still free.-Renegade (July 27, 2010, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Free download - from what I can see in the License Agreement, it's as Zaine said, you have to buy a Service Contract after 90 days.

Solaris 10 Download Customers
Obtaining an Entitlement Document is simple. On the Solaris 10 Get It page, select the platform and format you desire from the drop-down menus, and then click the Download Solaris 10 button. When you arrive at the Sun Download Center, either sign in or register, ensuring that a valid e-mail address is part of your Sun Download Center account to receive the Entitlement Document. Fill out the Solaris download survey, specifying the number of systems on which you are installing the software. Once you have completed the survey, you will be redirected to the Solaris 10 download page for downloading, and your Entitlement Document will be sent to your registered e-mail address. Please remember, your right to use Solaris acquired as a download is limited to a trial of 90 days, unless you acquire a service contract for the downloaded Software.
--- End quote ---

However, OpenSolaris seems to be free to download and use - perhaps that is the version you alluded too?

Renegade:
Got it. I didn't dig that deep. I expected to see things a bit more visibly displayed, like in the pricing area where it was missing. Sigh...

But yes -- also OpenSolaris.

p3lb0x:
Then again, really. Who needs to hot swap motherboards?

Renegade:
Then again, really. Who needs to hot swap motherboards?
-p3lb0x (July 28, 2010, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Datacenters. But not many normal people. Still, it's very cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version