ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

<< < (3/10) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Haven't used it... but I like it.

I don't display my desktop icons: but I know the people I manage at work all use their desktops to arrange their icons in groups -- this'd work a treat like that.

Also my browser does get to be a mess after a while with all the tabs. And I know mitzevo I should close them... I eventually do when I can't stand it any more, but then I often have to go grab it out of the History  :-[

tomos:
It seems you currently have to get it via "a Tab Candy-enabled build" of firefox, i.e. you cant get it as a simple extension, only with full Firefox.
I'm not that interested - yet.

nudone:
It seems you currently have to get it via "a Tab Candy-enabled build" of firefox, i.e. you cant get it as a simple extension, only with full Firefox.
I'm not that interested - yet.
-tomos (July 25, 2010, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
oh. i'm not that interested either. i'll wait until the hype hits the net in a few months from now - and if it becomes a standard plugin/extension.

f0dder:
OK, so the guy gets a bit over-enthusiastic, and things go a bit overboard in the last quarter of the video... but I believe it could be a really useful thing, especially if it's not just for open tabs (oh, the memory footprint horrors!) but as a way to replace/aid bookmarks.

It really depends on how you use your browser. It's not uncommon that I end up with 20+ open tabs, for assorted tasks. Grouping tabs by task could be very useful for me, reducing clutter when I go from development-related work to some leisure surfing, or whatever. Or "look at this later" when reading blogs, forums, whatever, without cluttering up the already overloaded taskbar.

And hey, it looks visually appealing - which is important :)

daddydave:
My kneejerk reaction is that this is kind of crap people resort to in Google Chrome since there's no Tab Mix Plus add-on. But I will wait a little bit for it to be a finished and polished product and give it a try -- the download I saw was a whole separate build of Firefox, and not part of Minefield either.

Reminds me of the Speed Dial addon, too, which I use, but I wonder if it is comparable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version