ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

<< < (2/10) > >>

Josh:
I agree with others. It looks neat but it seems that any productivity or time savings gained is lost in taking all of this time to organize your tabs. I have had almost 30 tabs open at once and I would still never use a tool like this. I also agree that there is a spooky Apple vibe coming from this demo. I do not see it as useful for many people.

tomos:
I like the sound of it, especially 'Save for later', well more the possibilities of it - it could be like a cross between 'tab-mix-plus' and 'Session Manager'.
The advertising might be a pain.
I really probably should take mitzevo's advice on board though!

mitzevo:
Hehe yeah. Tabs changed the way I forever used a browser! Micromanagement is just not worth the overhead. (for me at least)  ;D

rgdot:
"I use my browser more than I use my operating system" one of the first lines, what in the world does this mean?   ;D

Interesting concept, not sure there is much overhead or that much of a learning curve. Has potential in my opinion.

nudone:
i read throught the above and thought, hmm, yep - i don't need yet another tab manager...

BUT i watched the video and i think i get it. and here's why:

i use the desktop for throwing loads of icons on - work files and shortcuts. and (as discussed before), i do it because of the "spatial" kind of way you can work with things.

this seems to be exactly what Tab Candy is doing. it's just the desktop for your browser. if you keep a clean desktop (like mouser) then i can see why Tab Candy doesn't really appeal.

i've not tried it yet so i may be getting excited over nothing. but it looks like something i can work with - i think...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version