ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

(1/10) > >>

zridling:
The power of the browser has grown substantially in the last ten years. We now use the Web to multi-task the activities we juggle every day, like vacation plans, purchases, sharing pictures, listening to music, reading email, and writing a blog post.

It’s hard to keep everything straight with dozens of tabs all crammed into a little strip along the top of your browser. Your tab with a search to find a pizza parlor gets mixed up with your tabs on your favorite band. Often, it’s easier to open a new tab than to try to find the open tab you already have. Worse, how many of us keep tabs open as reminders of something we want to do or read later? We’re all suffering from infoguilt.

We need a way to organize browsing, to see all of our tabs at once, and focus on the task at hand. In short, we need a way to get back control of our online lives.

Enter: Tab Candy. Watch the video. This will be a hit, I promise.

mouser:
Pretty cool.

On the other hand, maybe it's just me, but i'd rather stick knives into my ears than listen to Aza Raskin explain one of his ideas as if he has discovered the secrets of the universe.  I get that apple vibe from people like this.. i'll pass.

Curt:
also, it should be noted that it still is in alpha stage, and bugged.

mitzevo:
Nice idea/product.. but you are just wasting time learning this tool and using it. Learn to love the mess, don't waste your time organizing or "grouping." - Don't have so many tabs open! Things like this are meant to help with productivty and organization, speed, etc. but it's not really worth the overhead. It takes consistent use and repetition to learn a "tool" like this for it to be of any use. Get my drift. 

mrainey:
While I don't see Tab Candy as likely to play a role in my future browsing activity, it does look pretty neat.  I thought the sales pitch was fun to listen to, one time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version