ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do Non-Profits exist to bridge gaps in government efficiency?

<< < (2/2)

app103:
The best example I can think of is Peta and the RSPCA.
-icekin (July 25, 2010, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

They have 2 distinctly different agendas.

PETA's agenda is to turn us all into vegans that don't use animals for any purpose, not even as pets. They distribute literature in schools that tell children that their parents are bad people for feeding them meat and giving them milk to drink.(one of them was so horrifically gross that my daughter gave up drinking milk at the age of 9) They throw red paint on people that wear fur coats, They bully innocent people at their demonstrations. They do not deserve a dime of any funding from the government and if my tax dollars went to support that terrorist organization I would throw a fit.

RSPCA (much like the ASPCA in the US) has the agenda to ensure that animals are treated humanely. They lobby law makers to pass laws that govern the treatment of animals. They run animal shelters and preserves. They provide low cost spay/neuter services to control the pet population, they provide vaccination services for pets. They do not have the goal of banishing meat eating from the planet, they do not throw buckets of red paint on people that wear fur, they do not tell you that you are a bad person for wearing leather shoes or having a pet. They distribute literature in schools instructing children on proper pet care, not propaganda. They are a respectful organization worthy of government support, as they do their part to prevent our streets from being over-run by stray cats and dogs with rabies and they make sure that that horse that pulls the carriage in the park gets food, water, and isn't over-worked, abused, or neglected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version