Just saw this over on digg
Cut and Paste....
* Add contacts and invite your friends to chat from Quick Contacts
* See when your friends are online
* Set your status to busy, sleepy, angry or whatever. Even sneezy.
* Get Google Talk to make free voice calls too. It's completely synchronized with Quick Contacts
* Go off the record when you're chatting so nothing gets saved to anyone's Gmail account
I Barely use either,Google Talk or Gmail (fell in love with fastmail.fm;ftp support is freakin sweet)these days but it's inovative,none the less.
Hmm,just noticed they changed the logo too,Gmail talk "beta"