ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quark Xpress

(1/3) > >>

kalos:
hello

is Quark Xpress the best program to make a leaflet? any opinions?

thanks

tomos:
is Quark Xpress the best program to make a leaflet? any opinions?
-kalos (July 23, 2010, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some more info would probably be helpful.
Is a leaflet like a flyer (one x  A4 or similar size double-sided-print) or multiple pages ?
Is it going to be professionally printed?
Do you have Quark Express? What are your other options?
Are you familiar with it? (how much time do you have on your hands? - it might be worth getting it professionally done unless you actually want to spend the time learning to use a programme.)
etc etc

kalos:
it is for a supposed drug

- Is a leaflet like a flyer (one x  A4 or similar size double-sided-print) or multiple pages ?
- Multiple pages

- Is it going to be professionally printed?
- Yes

- Do you have Quark Express? What are your other options?
- I have it, I am not familiar with it, so I want to learn the best software for such job

40hz:
Quark Xpress can handle any print design and production job you can throw at it. It is one of the two publishing apps used by most professional designers, publishers, and print shops. The other app is Adobe InDesign.

Arguments about which is better mostly boil down to little more than personal preference and "upbringing" - and make about as much sense as arguments over whether a Ferrari is "better" than a Maserati. Either app is an excellent choice.

If you already own Quark, use Quark. :Thmbsup:

kalos:
since I don't own any at the moment, which is more mainstream? Indesign or QuarkXpress?
also how many hours does one need to really learn them?
thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version