ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Whoa, this gal hates MS Office 2010 -- 5 Reasons Why You Don't Need It

<< < (3/10) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Did anyone read the comments on that article? They (made more sense) were better than the article.

I'm still using 2003 here at the office, but I've got 2007 at home. I don't really have a problem with either. apparently I should update one of them to 2010 so I can see what all the hub-bub is about.

zridling:
One criticism the author didn't include was that MS Office 2010 is not a cross-platform product, unlike SoftMaker Office or OpenOffice, or for that matter, all those online freebies. I'm truly not fond of the new key card purchasing/licensing system for MS Office that ties the suite to one machine.

As Josh says, people either love or hate the ribbon. Odd that its extensive user testing didn't disclose this love/hate dichotomy and that in response Microsoft didn't make it fully customizable (and smaller).

Dormouse:
These points are pretty vacuous. 3/5 about price, 1 about the ribbon (which has been contentious for 3 years now) and 1 about a minor feature. Since most people can get hold of a very cheap version, the upgrade price issue ultimately matters to few. And it seems to me that the version of the ribbon in 2010 is very much better than that in 2007. I certainly find 2010 a compelling upgrade from 2003 & 2007 whereas I saw few advantages in 2007 to compensate for learning the new interface.

All versions are much better than OO. Softmaker Office has some advantages for those who like the old menu system but doesn't have equivalents for all the members of the suite.

Stoic Joker:
I'm truly not fond of the new key card purchasing/licensing system for MS Office that ties the suite to one machine.-zridling (July 23, 2010, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any chance I can get you to elaborate on that? I'm thinking I may not of heard of this yet.

kfitting:
VBA is one of the only reasons I continue to even think about MS Office.  2010 got a minor upgrade, with more coming in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version