ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

How to launch iTunes from LCB?

(1/1)

sfatz:
I admit it, you spoiled me.  I drag-and-drop shortcuts to have LCB automatically create them. 
However, this does not seem to work for iTunes.  Here is the command line that was created in LCB:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{81063354-9060-42B2-A000-1EBE96778AA9}\iTunesIco.exe
So my question is, "what must I do or change to LCB to be able to launch iTunes?"
Thanks in advance for your help, and keep up the great work!

mouser:
I don't know the answer to this -- though the "meta" answer is that whatever commandline can be used to launch it from a dos box can be used in LBC.

One way to handle these kinds of crazy shortcuts is to drag the start menu shortcut to LBC, and you should get that prompt from LBC asking whether you want to "copy the shortcut properties" or "link to the shortcut", chose the "link to the shortcut" option, which basically tells LBC to launch the startmenu shortcut, and let the startmenu shortcut do the launching.  The only caveat here is that if you move the startmenu shortcut for itunes, it will stop working.

sfatz:
Well thank you for removing my blinders.  I almost always drag the shortcut to LBC, but I always "copy the shortcut properties" and totally forgot about "link to shortcut".  Using the "link" option works wonderfully.
Once again, thanks for your time and effort -- and for producing some great tools.

dluby:
Well you learn something new everyday.  Your suggestion about the drag 'n drop just solved a problem I had for a few months with trying to get Oracle Enterprise Manager to launch!

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version