ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can Anonymous voting redefine social media?

<< < (2/2)

Paul Keith:
The specific categories are much better than the frontpage but really this is basically what you get when you have a low traffic social media site combined with an image-centric lay-out combined with an editing crew that regularly doesn't update new content fast enough.

99% of what makes social media seem less like a turd magnet is the amount of times the users of the service polish the front page and even then it seems less smelly only because majority of the time a cleaner interface makes it easy to skip the trail of brown compared to seeing it all in full view.

40hz:
If the stuff on the front page of that site is what really matters in life, I must be really screwed up because nearly everything I saw there looked like a complete waste of time to me. :huh:
-Deozaan (July 16, 2010, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1.

Took a look at the site.

The fact there are still some people who believe there's this info-alchemical force that can transmute shallow comments on trivial topics into something of value (as long as you can gather enough of them in one place) will never cease to amaze me.

Stockpiling fertilizer won't get you a corn crop.

About all it will do is increase the risk of an explosion.

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version