ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Giving away Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN (free)

<< < (2/2)

Perry Mowbray:
Easy for us :: Hard for you  ;)

Stoic Joker:
All I know is if I hit the SuperGigaZillaBucks or whatever they call it, I wouldn't be on TV saying "even though I now have 20 $Billion I'm going to keep my job at the Post Office because I love pushing the mail around that comes in on the conveyor belt."-MilesAhead (July 15, 2010, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have actually thought about this, and I would keep my current job, if I won the lottery - I like what I do, and the people I do it with.

MilesAhead:
All I know is if I hit the SuperGigaZillaBucks or whatever they call it, I wouldn't be on TV saying "even though I now have 20 $Billion I'm going to keep my job at the Post Office because I love pushing the mail around that comes in on the conveyor belt."-MilesAhead (July 15, 2010, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have actually thought about this, and I would keep my current job, if I won the lottery - I like what I do, and the people I do it with.
-Stoic Joker (July 16, 2010, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

If $20Billion doesn't change your thinking, I guess you wouldn't play in the first place. I mean, what's the point?

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (July 16, 2010, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

If $20Billion doesn't change your thinking, I guess you wouldn't play in the first place. I mean, what's the point?

-MilesAhead (July 16, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

More money = more opportunity to do what you already like?  I'm the same way.  I like what I do, and the people I do it with.  However, $20 Billion would let me enjoy my downtime in a wider variety of ways.  Just because I like working doesn't mean there's not use in the money.  Take a vacation to everywhere in the world.  Live exactly where you want.  Don't worry about balancing the checkbook every week, or your paycheck, because you really don't need it.  A job isn't *just* about money ideally, and taking away the money aspect would definitely make a job even more enjoyable than it is.

Veign:
Time is winding down to get entered.  All it takes is a comment on the blog post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version