topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 50% off SyncBackPro until July 28th  (Read 12996 times)

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
50% off SyncBackPro until July 28th
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:36 PM »
2BrightSparks' SynchBackPro is offered at 50% of its normal price ($49.95) until July 28th.

This offer's details including the required coupon code can be found at Raymond.cc's blog.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 50% off SyncBackPro until July 28th
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I have been unable to find any words on the period of the license.
Major version only or lifelong?? This is version 5.9.1.11...

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Good question, Curt. The Raymond.cc author indicates in the comments section that he thinks the license includes free lifetime upgrades.

Dunno personally--I haven't yet explored the offer.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:13 PM by sajman99 »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 03:24 PM »
The Raymond.cc blog author has contacted 2BrightSparks regarding the terms of the license. No response so far.

btw some folks have reported the coupon code also works with SyncBackSE (50% of $30 = $15).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:28 PM by sajman99 »

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I highly recommend syncbackpro. I purchased it a while ago, actually purchased SyncBackSE and upgraded to Pro, but either way this software is fantastic.  :up: :up:

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 12:26 PM »
There has been a response from 2BrightSparks regarding the license. In the Raymond.cc comments Richard Gascoigne has commented...
...We have not previously charged for upgrades, but there will probably be a small fee for the next SyncBackPro major version (v6), for those who want to take it up.

Hmm..apparently a change of policy. Still seems fair for quality software...depending on what a "small fee" actually means. :-\

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Quick question: does anyone know if it's possible to set up a backup profile in SyncBack Pro that uses both compression and versioning? I know I can create individual zip files with files marked with date/time using "variables", but this means that every backup is going to be a full backup, and I can't find an option to remove old backup files according to user-defined rules.

It doesn't seem possible, since enabling compression turns off versioning in profile settings, but maybe there's something I've missed. Backup4All can do that and I seems strange that it wouldn't be possible in such an advanced application.

Thanks!

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Hi tranglos. I was hoping some experienced SyncBack user could answer your question because I unfortunately do not know the answer. :-[

I would be interested to know if 2BrightSparks would respond to such an email and/or community forum inquiry. As a prospective customer, I am curious about the quality of 2BrightSparks' customer support. Anyone know?

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32 PM »
I would be interested to know if 2BrightSparks would respond to such an email and/or community forum inquiry. As a prospective customer, I am curious about the quality of 2BrightSparks' customer support. Anyone know?

It's been a long time since I've visited the 2BrightSparks forum, but back when I did the support there was fantastic and responsive.  I'd suggest a visit to make sure it's still at the same level (I have no reason to believe it's not)

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 02:06 PM »

It's been a long time since I've visited the 2BrightSparks forum, but back when I did the support there was fantastic and responsive.  I'd suggest a visit to make sure it's still at the same level (I have no reason to believe it's not)

Thanks, I've only heard good things about SyncBack, but I figured someone might take the opportunity to mention any negatives. Evidently both the software and customer support are well above par.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
30% off SyncBackPro
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 05:25 PM »
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY:
http://www.2brightsp...r-august-2010.html#5

Be Quick, Get 30% Off SyncBackPro!

FOR THE FIRST 150 NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

If you need a single license of SyncBackPro, here's an opportunity you can't afford to miss. It might be the first time you've stepped up from SyncBack Freeware to the best backup solution out there, or perhaps you need an additional license of SyncBackPro (each installation of the program requires a separate license when used to process commercial data). Here's the URL and coupon you'll need to use: (...)

http://www.2brightsp...r-august-2010.html#5