Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:25:46 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Learning from Cats -- My New Strategy for Dealing with Things I Don't Understand  (Read 3508 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »

From now on when i encounter something or someone i don't understand, i'm going to approach it the same way these cats do:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYKqRRKpDo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYKqRRKpDo</a>

may not make me many friends, but on the other hand, from listening to this video, it seems like i may end up entertaining a lot of bystanders.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »

ps. these cats must be related to this fellow we all know well:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWk7yxVjvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWk7yxVjvE</a>
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

You mean smack it and claw at it? smiley

That was funny!~ I love where the cat smacks the kitten & it jumps.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »

when in doubt, WHACK!!

is there a cross over between this thread and the one about support?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:42:00 PM by Target » Logged

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

Honestly, that's S.O.P. #1 in anything technical that's not acting like it should.

ie. HIT IT!  Preferably with the biggest hammer you can find - if the fault was intermittent before, it's now permanent.....which makes it a LOT easier to diagnose cheesy

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:43:27 PM »

I'm so old, I remember when you can beat the living crap out of a dial phone. These days, you press the button too hard on some of these machines and they get all pissy on you.

- zaine (on Google+)
Target
Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »

I'm so old, I remember when you can beat the living crap out of a dial phone...

I remember doing this with the valve TV...

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 01:36:34 AM »

You mean smack it and claw at it?

Along with anybody else nearby who is just as puzzled as you!

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »

Well, that's pretty much how the US military got the bugs out of the early Redstone rockets.  Send in the 'Big Guy with the Hammer'. Wink

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 12:22:38 PM »

that first video it pretty incredible. if you had just shown a small clip of it and told me it was CGI i'd have believed it - i've not seen any cats behave like that (maybe i don't know enough cats) they almost look unnatural.

i'm impressed.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »

Quote from: zridling
I remember when you can beat the living crap out of a dial phone...
I remember doing this with the valve TV...
Didn't work with my cat's-whisker wireless — explain that if you can!

Chris
barney
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »

maybe i don't know enough cats
Trust me, there is nothing unreal[istic] about the media presented.  Raised ~13 cats, just lost Baby Daughter & her cat, Malibu, to PA.  You don't own cats, they own you - and some of 'em are less than reticent about saying so  Grin.  They also can get pretty physical about exercising their domain  ohmy.

Edit:  kinda like customers  tellme.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:32:40 PM by barney » Logged

Make a good day ... barn
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »

Absolutely hilarious! Oh how I love cats. Wish I could have one now (rental restrictions). *sigh*

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

hahaha that's so funny! I like it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.09 ]