topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Companies paying people to say good things about their products on forums  (Read 71951 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A communications manager at DeLonghi caught writing 5-star reviews for high-end DeLonghi products on Amazon.com. DeLonghi's official statement admits it and defends it. The company thinks there is nothing wrong with it.

http://blogs.wsj.com...n-fake-amazon-raves/

olla86

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very interesting,app103! But I think it is not OK... :-\

bleh75

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Should this be a surprise? Given the amount of 'advertising' on the internet theses days (and the depths that some of these 'advertisers' will plumb) I would be very surprised if any possible method is not being exploited openly and covertly.

Add to that the large web-factions that have gotten 'religion' when it comes to browser wars, operating system, platform etc. then almost anything printed on a webpage should be taken with a pinch of salt!

Well said  :Thmbsup:

petertech

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For me it is no surprise. Today where large companies spend millions of dollars in advertising, and did not look at ways to attract new customers. Not only are these two corporations that pay for people to say wonders of their products in the specialty forums, there certainly a lot more.
Sugerir uma tradução melhor. ;D

mark1959

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This kind of stuff is on the increase and pretty widespread already.

few years back I'd always look around for reviews on just about anything I was looking to buy. These days I discount almost all of them except if they're on one site that I trust.