ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Companies paying people to say good things about their products on forums

<< < (6/12) > >>

Deozaan:
I fully endorse this message and say that DonationCoder rocks and everyone needs to donate at least $250 dollars every 3 months to this site!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

(Where's my check, mouser?)

Sugar:
I only now saw this.  I want to say that I subscribe to ConsumerAffairs.Com.  The first thing at the top of their page says:   To cancel your subscription, please use this link.  You don't have to hunt to find out HOW do I cancel.

They list recalls, which companies are in bed with people in power, scams, health, etc.  It's not all positive nor negative and it is very informative.  If you ever wondered what's going on that is not on the news, this is a nice little ezine to read. It also lists recalls about everything I can think of. :Thmbsup:

capture:
Another obnoxious "trend" is companies using Web Trends, Media-Click, Double-Click (spyware) to download a text file on your computer so they can mmmmmmm..... see where you browse and co-ordinate advertising based on your browsing history. When I clear my cache using CrapCleaner, my AVG picks up these files as part of the cleaning process, which I immediately put in the Virus Vault.

So, those people who are paying these spies to install this junk on your computer are basically wasting their money because if a program like AVG can pick up these files, then I'm sure that more sophisticated Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware programs will probably be able to weed them out as well, even better.

Don't y'all just love spyware????

Thanks,
Claire
Chemainus, BC Canada

Davidtheo:
I believe that if someone wants to start a topic about a product with the intend to improve that products standing and they are getting paid, they should have the information or be in contact with the company where they can proved some technical or customer services for the said product.

A lot of people there know I work for Kingsoft and I have no problem in answering questions about there products I have even started some topics there about Kingsoft products but I have never told anyone I do not work for them. I prefer to answer questions in forums that are already talking about KS products 

What these people are doing comes close to and in some forums crosses the spamming line.

nosh:
I would give much more credibility to a product if the author/employee introducing it clearly mentions his affiliation right from the get-go, without anyone prodding for a clarification. Or better put, I would be completely put off a product if I suspect the person introducing it is withholding his/her affiliation. Just my $0.02

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version