ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should Apple recall the iPhone4? Or should the user "Hold the phone the right"?

<< < (5/9) > >>

Mark0:
Speaking of antenna & reception, I think that the GPS sensibility (or, better, lack of!) of the 3Gs model was way even a much bigger thing.
How iPhone's users accepted to have to buy a costly car kit with another GPS receiver inside to use a GPS enabled smartphone as a car navigator is beyond me.

40hz:
Well...I saw Apple's 'press conference.'

What it all boiled down to was little more than Steve Jobs saying T.F.B. and "deal with it."

I would personally like to suggest Mister Jobs hold it "where the sun don't shine."

---------------

Note: Be very interesting to see how well his argument that the iPhone is totally unique one moment, and no different than any other phone the next will play out. I hope the tech press calls him on this one. They've created a monster by letting him get away with stuff like that.

Mark0:
This guy called him out already:

Twitter - Marty Mobile
Not much of an apology from Jobs; and he's simply wrong about other phones being comparable. A little humility would serve him well.
--- End quote ---

He should know a thing or two!  :)

wraith808:
More from consumer reports:
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/electronics/2010/07/apple-iphone-4-iphone4-free-bumpers-for-antenna-problem-signal-loss-issue-flaw-press-conference-news-consumer-reports-ratings.html

And a response from RIM:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/07/17/rim-co-ceos-apple/

Mark0:
Jobs made a big mistake bringing other phone's giants into question:

Pocket-lint - HTC: Droid Eris complaints nothing compared to iPhone 4

Jobs said that only 0.55% of iPhone's 4 customers called in about reception issues.
HTC now say they instead got only 0.016% of complaints for similar problems.

It's entirely possibile that the numbers refer to differents things, based on differents sampling & parameters from the two companies; but starting the whole confrontation seems a big mistake on Jobs part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version