ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

The Silver Lining - a fan made sequel to King's Quest

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
if you were a fan of the old classic, King's Quest then you'd be happy to know that the 1st episode of The Silver Lining is now available! an ambitious fangame project, TSL encompasses five episodes in total with the rest of the episodes being released later.

almost 8 years in development, the devs (Phoenix Online Studios) also had to convince various copyright owners not to proceed with legal actions. the game promises to be faithful to original series while enhancing it with modern graphics.

to download and play the 1st episode, you will have to register at their website.

The Silver Lining - a fan made sequel to King's Quest
• http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

Deozaan:
I played one of the King's Quest games, but never managed to get more than 20 minutes into it. I couldn't ever figure out what to do, and I'd just get killed after wandering around long enough. Might have had something to do with my young age at the time though.

Not sure why I didn't like that King's Quest game since I loved the Space Quest games and played/beat all of them, though I think I had help with the first couple in the series (again, due to my young age).

EDIT: Whoops got distracted. Meant to also ask if someone completely new to the series would find this enjoyable since I have no idea who any of the characters are nor do I know any of the backstory.

lanux128:
EDIT: Whoops got distracted. Meant to also ask if someone completely new to the series would find this enjoyable since I have no idea who any of the characters are nor do I know any of the backstory.-Deozaan (July 12, 2010, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

actually, you can treat it like any other new games that you've just started to play. the lack of back story won't hamper the experience in any way but it will help if you're into the adventure genre. :)

furthermore according to their wikipedia article, this episode also "served as a "re-introduction" to the world of King's Quest".

• The_Silver_Lining_(game)w

edit: added the wikipedia link

lanux128:
Episode 2 is now available..

• http://www.tsl-game.com/episode_ii.php

Deozaan:
That was fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version