ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Has anyone ever used their LCD television as their main monitor ?

(1/3) > >>

mofohobo:

My television has the hookups in the back so i know it's capable but was wondering if anyone here has actually done it and how does it look.
I have a 720p Salvania   

Here are some images...

JavaJones:
I do this for my media machine, which is just a quad core running Win7, but I don't use it very much as a "normal" computer. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for it, so it certainly can (and sometimes is) used that way, but depending on the size of your display, wireless may be a necessity to sit far enough back from it to see everything. The other important bit is to find the native resolution of the display and then set your graphics card for that. With any luck your system will detect it, but you may have to download a driver for the display, or look up the specs and set it manually.

- Oshyan

mofohobo:
Thanks for the feedback.

I just hooked it up...It's like Christmas morning.It's only a 22 inch screen but a huge improvement over my 17 inch "Proview".My proview monitor always had a yellowish tint to it.This is cool.Still messing with the settings.Now to buy a better computer  :D

It would be cool to have a picture in picture option,say your watching tv and you also have the pc screen running in the left hand corner.

app103:
It would be cool to have a picture in picture option,say your watching tv and you also have the pc screen running in the left hand corner.
-mofohobo (July 12, 2010, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you were sitting up close, using it as a monitor, it would probably be better the other way around and have TV in the corner, than trying to see a tiny display of the PC screen.

mofohobo:
Absolutely,either way would be cool.I will say my eyes are already burning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version