ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

print listing of music titles

(1/7) > >>

techidave:
I thought this had been mentioned before on DC but couldn't find anything by searching today. 

i have copied quite a few cds to my hard drive.  they are all located in folders under My Music (XP) usually under another folder with the cds name.

I am looking for something that would scan the My Music folder for the song titles and then list them along with the path of the title.

Does anyone know of a software that already exists for this or maybe a coding snack to fit the bill?

skwire:
1) By "song titles", you mean the contents of the audio file's title tag (ID3v1/2 or APEv2), right?
2) By "path of the title", you mean the path of the audio file itself, right?

techidave:
by song titles I mean whatever the file name is and the path would be the folder path.

like this:

a song could be called "homeontherange.wma" (or mp3 it doesn't matter.  it is in a folder like c:\user\documents and settings\my documents\my music\american ballads\homeontherange.wma

I am looking for something that scans the my music folder for all song titles or filenames and then reports in a alphabetical listing by song title or file name and then in another column it would report the folder it is stored in like american ballads.

I hope this clarifies your question.

techidave:
the complete path wouldn't really be necessary but if that is the only way then thats that.   :P

The reason for this request is this.  the church laptop as 15 or 20 folders that I have copied cds to.  Since we sometimes sing songs from these cs, I need a way to find them quickly.  So hence the request for something to scan a certain directory reporting the names of the songs, title or whatever.  sometimes they will have Track 01, Track 02, etc.  And sometimes they will be in sub folders like My Music\american ballad\american ballad\homeontherange.wma

skwire:
You just want audio files listed, right?  So, anything with the following extensions:

AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM, FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC, SHN, TAK

That should cover most all audio formats I know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version