topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Will Nokia hand their destiny to Google?  (Read 2039 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Will Nokia hand their destiny to Google?
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:30 AM »
Kevin as a long time user of Maemo I defiantly believe that it was successful for Nokia. Not in sales numbers but I don’t think they ever expected it to be. Where it was a success was in proving that Nokia can build and work in the Open Source world, it also allowed them recruit the Linux devs they need now.

I think Nokia have made the right decision to build their own system and at the same time completely open source it. This way they can use there considerable resources to be controllers of there own destiny while at the same time attracting other manufactures to Meego. From an OS point of view Maemo/Meego is already very strong. From a UI point of view time will tell but one thing you can’t say is that they are starting from scratch here.

Personally I'm not interested in the business side of cell phones but from a social perspective this looks interesting. (the comments, less so the article)

It's like a movie about a former champion and aging veteran. Can he/will he beat out the newer and younger generations of champions after a long lay-off?

Find out in the future which mobile operating system you will be using!

from Giga Om