topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Governor of Poker 2 - Sounds like a great game, no easy place for patch  (Read 3001 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I paid for this game and like others cannot get past the coal mine. FIX IT IWIN! or give me my money back

Oh why oh why?!

Governor of poker 1 was IMO the best single player no limit hold-em poker I've played.

It had the hardest ai.

It was pick up and play.

Even when the ai cheats it punishes you for playing aggressively rather than winning hail mary flushes.

...and yet with one single bug and a hard to google for support forum, suddenly it's impossible to know whether a fix has been released or not...on a game that seemingly is unanimously heralded as adding more things while containing only graphic quirks:

I play the original all the time and I found this very disappointing in it's new character graphics while at the poker table. I miss the drop down menu on the top, the rooms seem too cluttered, the Fold/Skip feature is jagged and jerky, the interplay with the chips by the characters is awful compared to the original, and some characters are blurry and some costumes lack their crisp and clean appearance. I love the other features and the variety of play locations, just wish they'd have stuck with the original graphics format. However, I admit I'd buy it, if not for the premium price, in spite of its shortcomings. I never turn on the volume of my games, so I can't comment on that aspect.
-KathyEh

That said it seems to be fixed but instead of a forum, you're relying on a user review page:

uninstall the game and then reinstall it then activate it they have fixed the problem
-foxy1956

Not exactly buyer confidence boosting.

from: Who knows, these indie games can be confusing to narrow down which developer made what