ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

TechSmith buying ScreenshotCaptor keyword on Google AdWords [screenshot]

(1/2) > >>

TurboJosh:
I Googled for a ScreenshotCaptor update today and was surprised to see that TechSmith is paying to advertise their commercial SnagIt product by purchasing the "ScreenshotCaptor" keyword.  Thought you guys might like to be aware of this:

mouser:
appreciate the heads up.
it's depressing but what can you do? this is the way google+capitalism wants it.  no point trying to fight them when it comes to paid advertising and gaming the search engine results.  we will just focus on making good software (techsmith products happen to be very good too), and rely on users to spread the word.

mrainey:
I thought the results shown on the left side were organic search results rather than the purchased (AdWords) variety, which display on the right.

Oops - now I see the "Sponsored Link".

Perry Mowbray:
Is this a reason people may name their software completely independently of what it does?

I'd think TechSmith may say that SnagIt does capture screenshots so could be considered as a captor... or am I being too generous?

I can't see that SC is taking too much away from SnagIt anyway, or does it? ...I know it did for me  :)

JavaJones:
This kind of sucks, but it's also kind of flattering, don't you think? :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version