ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why does digital media cost so much?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Innuendo:
Why does digital media cost so much?

Greed.

End of thread.

Paul Keith:
The problem with greed is that often consumers are greedy too in that they want cheap but high quality books that would put less food on the author's plate than if they just asked for donations directly.  :P

Renegade:
Problem with donations is that they are very low in general. :(

Paul Keith:
A 1$ price with e-books though is even lower.

People don't want to read long texts in blogs already, can you imagine a person thinking...oh 1$ dollar e-book it's just one dollar let's get a bunch of people to buy it.

Not really unless the blog itself was high quality and a high quality blog could already encourage users to donate. In this case as with the above posts, a 1$ dollar e-book requires too much to even consider paying for and it would be a whole lot better to provide a free e-book with a donation link as then someone might find value in what you already provided and not what you plan to provide.

P.S. - To also include Deozaan's reply, this doesn't improve the higher the cost of the e-book. A person is not going to buy a 5$ dollar e-book nor a 20$ e-book unless they themselves were partaking in buying e-books in general. Even for a central repository, you're basically trading "paper" book vs. self-published e-book with no guarantee of quality.

Renegade:
It could work. I've never put out any ebooks like that, so I don't know how it would work out. My gut tells me that putting a page every 15 pages or so that asked for a small donation would likely increase donations enough to make it worthwhile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version