ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Synergy: Sharing your keyboard and mouse

<< < (9/9)

cmpm:
When you first install Synergy, be sure to do the 'test' part first which will trigger your firewall to open up and let you allow it to work. After adding and configuring your computers, first.

'Test' instead of 'Start' first, then you can set to start and set the option to start with the computer or logon.

Darwin:
Thanks for the tip, cmpm. I was trying that yesterday but no joy. I'm going to reboot both computers and try again...

One general note: I've taken to using the Synergy GUI to configure my primary computer and Xhirl for the secondary ones. Has the bonus of allowing me to more precisely configure the placement of the various computers, allows me to share to more than two other computers, and has the test feature mentioned above  :Thmbsup:

mateek:
Has anyone had any experience trying to use both Synergy and InputDirector?

FYI, a new GUI to Synergy called QuickSynergy looks very promising.  I havn't been able to connect my Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 yet.  I think my syntax 192.168.0.197:1234 in QS isn't being accepted as enough of an override to Synergy's install default on a different port.  When I get this sorted I'll try and post my results.

Gothi[c]:
Also, don't forget that you should now probably use synergy+ instead of plain old synergy.
http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/

It's a fork so development could continue since the original synergy seems to have not been updated in a long time.
All new features and bug features go into synergy+ ...

Synergy+ is a maintenance fork for implementing bug fixes to the original Synergy by Chris Schoeneman, which hasn't any source updates or new releases since 2006 (as of writing this). So far we've implemented many significant bug fixes such as support for Windows services on Vista and Windows 7, and a brand new GUI (based on QSynergy).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version