ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7, weird picture

(1/1)

RedPillow:
I've got 64bit Windows 7.
Now, I go this picture and a part of it is edited.

The problem is, that you have those preview-icons for your pictures and this certain edited picture shows how it was originally, but when I open the picture, it shows the edited version.
How can this be possible?

Also, since I've got this problem, is it possible to get that preview-picture as big as the edited one?

hpearce:
aren't those icons from the cache ?  if that is the case, then they probably might not be automaticially updated when u update the pic.

f0dder:
I assume you're talking about thumbnails in explorer? Try hitting F5 to refresh window contents - if that doesn't update the cache, I dunno.

Innuendo:
I have no idea if this is part of your problem, but some graphics formats have the ability to save a thumbnail graphic into the file itself. However, not all graphics editing programs have the ability to save/edit this thumbnail.

If your picture was created with a graphics program that saved the thumbnail into the file, but the program used to edit the picture did not update/change this thumbnail then that may explain what you are experiencing.

This is just a WAG, though.

JavaJones:
It's also possible that the image editor being used does not actually save the changes "destructively" to the file, but rather stores them in a separate file and reapplies them dynamically. Picasa for example works this way.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version