ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (39/39)

Lutz_:
Yes, Expicula seems to be pretty straightforward, intuitive and quick.
Thanks for the reminder!

Users speaking German might also want to try Expicula which looks promising indeed.  :)
-Tuxman (June 24, 2010, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tuxman:
De nada.  8)
Just stumbled upon it and thought it could be a valid alternative.

Curt:
The most important features I get from (overlapping and eyecandy included):

QT Tabbar, CFi ShellToys, Xentient Thumbnails, WireKeys, PS Hot Folders, Send To Toys, MediaInfo, Punk ÜberIcon, BAxBEx for IrfanView, and DM2.
-Curt (October 15, 2007, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because of Quizo QT Tabbar I never got to realize that CFi Shell Toys includes a magnificent, tabbed, full Explorer "replacement"!
click to enlarge:

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

-comes included with bunches of shell extensions and tools, and its own Control Panel.

Pricing:
First license:  GBP £20.00  (approx. US $29.00,  EUR €24.00)
Additional licenses:  GBP £5.00 each  (approx. US $7.00,  EUR €6.00)
 :up:

Q&A:
Which versions of Windows can ShellToys be used with?
You can use ShellToys with 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows from Windows 98 onwards, except Windows NT. That means it can be used with Windows 98, 98 Second Edition, Millennium Edition, 2000, and all 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Vista and 7.

Does ShellToys support 64-bit versions of Windows?
Yes, an x64-compatible edition of ShellToys is available from our Download page.

--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
I have a license for several file managers, but the one I keep actually using besides Explorer is Q-Dir (the Unicode version). Now at version 4.28

Read: http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/Q-Dir
Get: http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=Q-Dir

Steady as a rock, and with this oh so useful "Quadruped-View" window ;-)

-Curt (June 24, 2010, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

For awhile I kept trying this one.  Looks like the author tries to perfect it. But it seems like every time I try to do something while something else is happening, the window goes white and it stop responding(well, not "every time" but a high enough percentage that I gave up on it.)

I like the idea of it.  Just seems like the threading is too fragile.

edit: this may be exacerbated by large files.  I tend to move around multi-GB files. If all the drag & drop are trivial files then it handles it. It just seems like once you put a load on it by having a long file copy in the background, it can't deal with it unless you just leave it sit 'til completion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version