ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple/ATT sued over iPhone 4 Antenna issues

<< < (5/5)

Renegade:
I'm not really getting why the iPhone "experience" is *still* considered so stand-out.-JavaJones (July 03, 2010, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because you have to give an arm and a leg to get an iPhone. And everybody knows that a paraplegic stands out!
-Deozaan (July 04, 2010, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahahahaah~! :D

Windows Mobile, 5 and 6 anyways, are operating systems first, and phones second. The experience is more "OSish" than "phoneish". The iPhone OS is more phone than OS, which is in part why it offers a better end-user experience. (The inability to load [side-load] software onto the iPhone is a different issue -- Windows Mobile offers a user experience there while the iPhone offers no user experience at all.)

superboyac:
Interestingly enough Anandtech's tests indicate the iPhone 4 actually still gets better reception than previous iPhones, generally speaking: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

Btw, semi-off topic, I just tried a friend's HTC Incredible: I'm not really getting why the iPhone "experience" is *still* considered so stand-out. The Incredible is pretty awesome. Smooth UI, lots of features, a great virtual keyboard (better than iPhone 3GS that I've tried IMHO). I dunno, is it just the "reality distortion field" saying that iPhone is still a better "experience" or is there something tangible that my limited (10 minutes or so) testing didn't show? Mind you I've had about 30 minutes with a 3GS as well for comparison (spaced over a few testing sessions with a friend's phone).

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (July 03, 2010, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I also was able to play with that phone from a coworker.  It is impressive.  I agree with you, I can't say the apple experience is better than that.  That may just the case of the popular thing winning over the less popular.  That screen was huge!

Another thing I've criticized Sony for is product naming.  So in this case, they are calling the phe the HTC Touch or something like that.  The iphone is the "iphone"...it's catchy, it's hip.  HTC TOuch..not so much.  A couple of years ago, i bought a Sony mp3 player...it was their top of the line model, and what was it called?  the NWZ-8211 or something along those lines.  Of course, Apple had the ipod.  So when I explain how cool my Sony player is, what do I call it?  the NWZ-8211??  Cmon Sony, what the hell is wrong with you?

app103:
any true apple fanboy will happily learn to perform the iPhone4 stance so they can still get reception. i've no idea what that looks like but i'm sure it's very "cool".
-nudone (July 02, 2010, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

The iphone pose, similar to Captain Morgan's! Oy. At some point, Apple users have to get pissed, right? Pissed enough to stop buying that junk?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-zridling (July 02, 2010, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Steve Jobs Demonstrates How to Get Full Bars With the iPhone 4

;D

nudone:
you have an excellent point, that seems to have been completely overlooked, superboyac.

the "iphone", the "ipad", the "ipod". everyone knows the name even if they don't know the specific product (i'm sure there are many people that think it is a single product - that "ip...." wotsit).

who knows the names of competing products? i've heard of the "android" phone or the "google" phone and that's about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version