ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple/ATT sued over iPhone 4 Antenna issues

<< < (2/5) > >>

nudone:
an extra "bumper case" at the cost of 30 dollars - sounds like the fanboys are going to lap that up. it's just yet another apple branded item they can wear alongside their other apple medals when they are out on apple parade.

personally, i'd happily wear a pair of stilettos and stamp up and down on the iPhone4. maybe that will improve the reception problem.

Renegade:
any true apple fanboy will happily learn to perform the iPhone4 stance so they can still get reception. i've no idea what that looks like but i'm sure it's very "cool".
-nudone (July 02, 2010, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

The real problem here is that it's not actually a defect. You see, since mobile phones cause brain cancer, Apple has secretly built in a life-saving feature to help you maintain your fanboy-brain-damage health. I'm sure that the courts will favor Steve's infinite wisdom. After all, he knows best! :0---:

Oh, and Apple's new iPad TV commercial that states that it does all the world's web sites isn't actually false advertising because the world revolves around Steve and sites that use Flash aren't really web sites...

nudone:
ah, yes, so true. good points, Renegade.

Deozaan:
Antenna problems? What antenna problems?

Apple says it's a software glitch not a hardware glitch:

"Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong," Apple said in a letter from two executives posted on its website Friday morning.

The letter went on to explain that there are no problems with the iPhone's antenna -- the only problem is with software that calculates how many bars should be showing. And the software hasn't worked properly since the original iPhone was released three years ago.
--- End quote ---

I've already seen fanboys in the comments say something to the effect of "What do you expect from first-gen hardware? There's always glitches like this and this one is actually very minor!"

Problem is, there's a big fat 4 in "iPhone 4" showing that this isn't the first-gen hardware. This problem (assuming they're telling the truth, which seems dubious since other people say they have two phones on AT&T services and the iPhone constantly drops while the non-iPhone works great) has been around for all 4 generations of the iPhone.

Josh:
Also, why would bumper guards help with a SOFTWARE issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version