ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple/ATT sued over iPhone 4 Antenna issues

(1/5) > >>

Josh:
Apple/ATT sued over iPhone 4 Antenna issues

Numerous lawsuits were filed this week against Apple, as a number of consumers hope to take the company to task over reception issues that arise with the new iPhone 4 when the left side of the device is covered with a hand.

At least three class-action complaints were filed in California, Maryland, and Texas. The largest was filed in a U.S. District Court in Oakland, Calif., and has a list of 11 plaintiffs included in the complaint, residing in California and New Jersey. The other two each include one plaintiff.

Apple has been accused of violation of the Federal Communications Act, three counts of products liability related to negligence, defect in design and breach of implied warranty, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, fraud by concealment, unfair business practices and more.

"The iPhone 4 manifests design and manufacturing defects that were known to Defendants before it was released which were not disclosed to consumers, namely, a connection problem caused by the iPhone 4's antenna configuration that makes it difficult or impossible to maintain a connection to AT&T's network," the California complaint reads.

"Defendants have failed to provide customer support to assist iPhone 4 customers regarding this defect. Consumers are left with three options: hold their phones in an awkward or unnatural manner, return their phones and pay 10% 'restocking fee,' or purchase Apple's own 'bumper' cases for their phones, costing $29.99 in addition to the premium they have already paid for the phones themselves, which may somewhat ameliorate the iPhone 4's defects."
--- End quote ---

Source

nudone:
any true apple fanboy will happily learn to perform the iPhone4 stance so they can still get reception. i've no idea what that looks like but i'm sure it's very "cool".

Josh:
You mean paying 30 bucks so your phone can receive/transmit RF signals isn't a requirement for a new 300-400 dollar phone?

steeladept:
Well it is a "value added feature" to actually transmit.  I am with Josh, that is an extra charge for Apple devices, isn't it?  :P  It is spelled out right there in perfect legalese for anyone who has their brain warped enough to actually understand the EULA and good enough eyes to read the fine print.

Eóin:
The only reason I find this funny is because buying such an expensive piece of kit on per-order without having heard a single review seems crazy to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version