ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Context Menu Select Folder

(1/3) > >>

Contro:
Context Menu Select Folder

Under certain circunstances I don't need to open the folder where the file is. Only to open the window explorer and select the folder contains that file.

By example in locate32 when I have a list of archives and i select one in the contextual menu I don't have the option to go to the folder, only open the folder contains that file.

Can I have ?

Best Regards.

daddydave:
It took me a while to realize what you were saying, but I think you are saying you would like a context menu item with a concept such as "Open Parent Folder of File Location with File Location Selected" (wording needs work) in addition to the standard "Open File Location"?

I believe locate32 propagates the Windows Explorer context menu to itself -- great program!

Contro:
It took me a while to realize what you were saying, but I think you are saying you would like a context menu item with a concept such as "Open Parent Folder of File Location with File Location Selected" (wording needs work) in addition to the standard "Open File Location"?

I believe locate32 propagates the Windows Explorer context menu to itself -- great program!
-daddydave (June 30, 2010, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are completely right . That what I need.

I need to point to the parent folder  (select the parent folder of the file).

:P

ewemoa:
I have a proof of concept of the functionality, but it is not in the form of a Windows Explorer context menu item.  It can be invoked by hotkey.

Even if it's not quite what is wanted, may be it will be useful in confirming some of the desired functionality :)

http://ewemoa.dcmembers.com/tmp/ChooseMyParent.exe

SHA-1: a0072754200bc68ce66a4b9c906016489539004a

Contro:
I have a proof of concept of the functionality, but it is not in the form of a Windows Explorer context menu item.  It can be invoked by hotkey.

Even if it's not quite what is wanted, may be it will be useful in confirming some of the desired functionality :)

http://ewemoa.dcmembers.com/tmp/ChooseMyParent.exe

SHA-1: a0072754200bc68ce66a4b9c906016489539004a
-ewemoa (July 01, 2010, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ewemoa comments you additionally I am "working" in your last splendid script, but I think is better to wait a couple of months to inform you about some new ideas o improvements. Do you like the idea ?. Ejem. I suppose it's possible to sum that addon into the other ?

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version