ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: VPR, visual people randomizer!

<< < (5/5)

Chessnia:
Just had a quick look and it's looking very nice (color selector and all!).  :Thmbsup:
I think the list for the first release is fine. Perhaps the "3rd column" which I mentioned...

SingingBoyo:
A 3rd column should be fairly easy to do, I just forgot about it as I wrote the list.  For now, if you need to, you could clone the spinner by saving and loading it as a new one, then use the popup menu for scoring (in the cloned spinner).  I'll see if I can finish a third column along with double clicks and the better file loader tomorrow, then I'll work on the rest of the features.

SingingBoyo:
Alright, version 2.0 is done!  (was going to say it was 1.1, but the save files are totally incompatible, so...)

Features:
     1. Scoring column enabled by checkbox
     2. Color saving
     3. Fixed the ugly save dialog (that was a bit of an oversight...  :-[)
     4. Double clicks now increment or decrement selections or score
     5. Load simple lists of names as just that - a list of names with no name for the list (defaulting to N/A for list name)

(left click to increment, right click to decrement, double-click on name or # of selections for selections, on the score to inc/dec selections)

With the new save files comes a few quirks in writing them, and because of those quirks for adding special data (color, name of the list) comes the ability to load lists of names.  Just open the example.vrs file in the zip for an example - it's self-explanatory through comments. 

One thing that was unintentional but could be a useful quirk with java graphics - if you write something like
--- Code: HTML ---<html><i>Italic</i><b> Bold <u>With</u></b><u> Underline</u></b></html> it will show up as Italic Bold With Underline[/b].  So, names can include html markup.  It's a bit strange to think about, but it could come in useful. 

The html doesn't need to be well-formed. i.e.
--- Code: HTML ---<html><i>NAME will still italicize the value NAME.

Apologies for the code boxes - couldn't make it ignore the html tags in the post, and using special variables (&lt;) doesn't seem to work

Chessnia:
Wow, it's looking pretty sleak!  :)

Ok, here are some of the things which I think need improving:

- Score column: most of the time, when I click on it, the number doesn't go up. Sometimes I have to click several times for the number to go up. (Same thing with right click, number doesn't go down unless I click on it several times).

- If the list is longer the the height of the names column, you don't get to see who's been chosen unless you scroll down, which is a bit annoying.

- The ramdom routine is not so effective if you get a very long list (i.e. more than 25 people), as the highlight doesn't reach the end sometimes. (maybe add ability to choose speed of the rouitine + how long it lasts?)

Other than that, great work!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version