ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: VPR, visual people randomizer!

(1/5) > >>

Chessnia:
Hi there! :)

I spend a fair bit of time coaching kids in the classroom and I try to make my lessons as much fun as possible.
I normally use a VGA projector or a smartboard. At some point, I begin to ask questions and what I'd love to see to give the kids a bit more motivation.
(ok, that part has been copied and pasted from my clickometer request, but everything stands for this one!).

Often, I have to pick students from a list. Not always, but normally, it's a random process.

To make this simple process more interesting, I thought it would be interesting for the kids and me to have a little program which would pick a name from the list at random, but the process would be visually attractive: a bit like a roulette kind of effect, the names on the list would be highlighted at high speed (one by one) for a couple of seconds, then it slows down and stops at 1. That's the name that has been picked!

More features:

- Optional: if a name has been picked, it can't be picked again.
- A name which has been picked appears in a different colour.
- Ability to choose colours.
- Ability to enter names.
- Ability to set the amount of time that goes by before the randomizer stops / perhaps speed.
- Ability to change the color of a name on the list  by simply clicking on it.
- like gmail, ability to add different stars (icons), by clicking on it (maybe for version 2)

Here's a very simple image showing more or less what I'm thinking about:

Anyway, I think other teachers might find it useful also... lessons can be boring, let's make them a little more fun for everyone! (it could be useful to many other people too...)
Btw, I use windows 7, so compatibility with it would be much appreciated if someone takes this up. :)

Finally, I don't know if I'm supposed to say this here, but I'm willing to donate at least 50$ for this. I know it's not much, but we've gotta start somewhere. :)

Cheers.

scancode:
Are you looking for something that would run full-screen, or as a small sidebar, or as a normal window?
How many names should it support?

Chessnia:
I don't really know the difference between "sidebar" or "normal window". If it helps, it would be like the clickometer that I requested.
Number of names: 80 at most.

Oh, another feature: ability to import a list from a text list.

Cheers.

scancode:
I'm gonna torture my less favourite designer/flash coder tomorrow to see what 'visually impressive' animation he can come up with.

Also UI teaser time:

Chessnia:
Thanks scancode! :)

Just one thing, is that the screen where you add the names and so on? because it is important that the main screen has like table cells so that they can be coloured and you can see the visual effect.
Anyway, it's looking smart!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version