topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SOLVED: TransItSpec - 2 levels of transparency and on-top for specific windows  (Read 5430 times)

doctorfrog

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TransItSpec - 2 levels of transparency for specific windows

Console2 (http://gog.is/console2) has a few great little features:

- user-definable transparency when the app is selected.
- user-definable transparency when the app is in the background.
- an always-on-top option for the window.

I'd like to bring this feature to other, specific windows as well. I don't want this to affect all windows at once, just the one or two windows I define.

Use case: a window can be sitting on top of all others, but nearly invisible in its transparency. When it is clicked on, it becomes more visible. Great for crowded monitors with chat windows, running video, open consoles, or system meters.

Skrommel's Transother offers similar functionality, but it applies it like a howitzer, affecting every window on the screen. I'd like my app to be more selective.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you can use another of Skrommel's tool - WinWarden to control the transparency and ontop status.

https://www.donation.../Skrommel/#WinWarden

doctorfrog

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That's a great tool also! However, I want 2 levels of transparency, based on whether the target window is active or inactive. Maybe Skrommel would be willing to make an addition?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
the different levels of transparency can be configured via the ini file. check out the screenshots.. :)

Fig.1 : a window is sitting on top of all others, but nearly invisible in its transparency.
WinWarden-01_07_2010-002.pngSOLVED: TransItSpec - 2 levels of transparency and on-top for specific windows

Fig.2: it is now active and becomes more visible.
WinWarden-01_07_2010-001.pngSOLVED: TransItSpec - 2 levels of transparency and on-top for specific windows

Note the highlighted text is what is needed for this effect.

doctorfrog

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hm, I didn't see that as an option. Guess it pays to read the fine print.

Though I wouldn't mind a usability improvement to make this feature more accessible, this thread can be closed, I've found my app. Thanks lanux + skrommel!