topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Motherboard Alarm - Simple Timer/Alarm Utility  (Read 6405 times)

SingingBoyo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
  • Java is awesome... C++ needs more libraries
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Motherboard Alarm - Simple Timer/Alarm Utility
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:00 PM »
We all get bored sometimes, but I must have been REALLY bored to make this.

Motherboard Alarm is a currently command line timer program.  It lets you enter a time value, creates a timer, and when the given time period has elapsed, causes the motherboard to beep.  I haven't tested it on anything but my own computer, so any feedback/testing is greatly appreciated.  It will only work on Windows boxes, and though it should be portable between windows OS's, the only one I've tested is Windows XP.  

I plan to expand it rapidly, so if you have any ideas for it, post them, and I'll see what I can do.  However, please don't ask for user interfaces, as I'll get that done in my own good time.

See the Readme file in the Zip for more details, along with a few example sessions, and feel free to ask any questions.

Edit: V1 had major bugs, and has been taken out.  V2 fixes these bugs.
So you came along and found Java(insert programming language here)? Randomly?  Well then, you're just like me! Java fiends rule.  (Though other languages do have their uses.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:56 AM by SingingBoyo »

SingingBoyo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Motherboard Alarm - Simple Timer/Alarm Utility
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Just realized something important I forgot in the readme. :o  To exit, enter 'exit' (lowercase only!), and to wait for the timers to terminate (all alarms set to that point to finish beeping) enter 'end'. (again,lowercase only).

Apologies to anyone who got stuck without being able to exit.  I'll make sure this is in the next version of the readme!
So you came along and found Java(insert programming language here)? Randomly?  Well then, you're just like me! Java fiends rule.  (Though other languages do have their uses.)

psionics

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • freestyle (nunchaku) forum.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:00 PM »
 ;D sounds like fun! Thanks man!!

SingingBoyo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Heh, totally forgot this was here.  Ended up stuck with other projects.  Perhaps I'll make a more sophisticated version at some point  :D

Thanks though!