ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: app to rotate multi-page images

<< < (8/9) > >>

deano:
Mucho thanks once again Skwire, I do believe that this will provide a genuine boost to my productivity.  I'll drop you a donation as a token of my appreciation.-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I'm happy to help out.

On a technical note would you be able to explain how you did it?  Was it all autohotkey or something else?  And would you have the source code?  As I said way back at the top of this thread I am trying to learn how to create different kinds of programs on Windows and would like to make things like this for other people as well.-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

The interface is all AutoHotkey.  The grunt work behind the scenes is done by convert.exe from the ImageMagick suite and tiffinfo.exe from the LibTIFF suite.  I use convert.exe to do the rotation and converting from TIFF to JPG (using the "/rotate #" parameter).  The tiffinfo.exe I use for determining how many pages are in the TIFF file.

AutoHotkey is superb for making front-ends that utilise commandline executables and/or DLL files.  Initially, I had intended to use the GDI+ library to do it all but I couldn't find a way to get the number of pages in a TIFF file using it so I wrote it using IrfanView doing the image manipulation.  However, I remembered that you wanted to use this at work and IrfanView's license doesn't allow that without paid registration.  I then rewrote it using the current ImageMagick/LibTIFF method, hence the delay in getting it to you.

Does that help clear things up?
-skwire (July 04, 2010, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's pretty interesting, I'm going to see what I can code with autohotkey as well as continuing with C#.    Cheers,  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2011-02-05
    + Added option to handle F Class TIFFs.  Enable this option if your
      resulting JPEG files appear to be squashed or stretched horizontally and
      process the list again.  (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
    + Added option to output straight to PDF instead of separate JPEG files.
    * The default output directory for added files is now the same folder as the
      original file.  This can be changed using the 'Modify list data' section.
      (Thanks, H. Mechanic)

deano:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2011-02-05
    + Added option to handle F Class TIFFs.  Enable this option if your
      resulting JPEG files appear to be squashed or stretched horizontally and
      process the list again.  (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
    + Added option to output straight to PDF instead of separate JPEG files.
    * The default output directory for added files is now the same folder as the
      original file.  This can be changed using the 'Modify list data' section.
      (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
-skwire (February 05, 2011, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can't seem to grab this - the download stops about two-thirds of the way through?

Ath:
Hm, looks like that server needs a kick in the butt (or a disk is failing). It's slow as mud through a coffee filter... from about 2 MB of 3.55 and stopped at 2.34 MB, first part was quite OK :'(

skwire:
I can't seem to grab this - the download stops about two-thirds of the way through?-deano (February 07, 2011, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm, looks like that server needs a kick in the butt (or a disk is failing). It's slow as mud through a coffee filter... from about 2 MB of 3.55 and stopped at 2.34 MB, first part was quite OK :'(-Ath (February 07, 2011, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seemed to work for me just now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version