ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

jv16 - Pay to keep license on file?

(1/4) > >>

Cloq:
Did I miss something...? Is it common practice to charge to resend a license code/file? Or is it the beginning of an easy money making trend?

----------------------
jv16 2009

VIP Package ($5.95) Includes:

Premium technical support for life. VIP users are always top of the list when technical support requests are handled.

License storage service for life, and unlimited number of license resends. We will store your license file and can always resend back to you if you should lose it in the future.

mouser:
i think its beyond ridiculous when companies offer this "insurance" policy of keeping your license on file.  give me a break -- all companies keep your license key on file and can resend it if you lose it.   this is just a way to squeeze a few more bucks out of you for nothing.

mrainey:
But what is this on the Macecraft website?

Cloq:
Odd indeed..  ;D

Carol Haynes:
It's looking for features to add to make the new licensing model worth the bother. The license resending 'feature' is just plain daft - unless they plan to remove the automated web-based retrieval.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version