topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Code::Blocks 10.05 has been out...  (Read 6741 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Code::Blocks 10.05 has been out...
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:48 AM »
I completely missed that:

Code::Blocks 10.05 is here!
Sunday, 30 May 2010 10:20

http://www.codeblocks.org/

cb.jpgCode::Blocks 10.05 has been out...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Code::Blocks 10.05 has been out...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:16 AM »
that's great news.. it has been a very long time since this excellent ide was officially updated.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:41 AM »
Very good news. I'm using 8.02 and I've been very happy. Can't wait to see what additional goodness 10.05 has to offer.

Thx for sharing this! :Thmbsup:

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25 AM »
You sure have to stay on topic on those Code::Blocks forums though! Even though it uses the wxWidgets library, I've noticed in some threads (can't find them now, they weren't mine) that if a newcomer politely asks for assistance getting wxWidgets applications to compile within Code::Blocks, they immediately get shot down by mods, unless another forum member (perhaps an "advanced newcomer") happens to have the answer (and the answer is usually something like "You have to check off all the libraries in the wizard"). I don't know if it happens a lot, but these are the threads I find in search when I am looking for a solution to a similar problem. Anyway, I have Code::Blocks installed right now, it compiles stuff fine, it's very impressive, but I'm not doing anything with it currently. The problem with C++, which is probably the best language out there for writing real programs*, is that you have to think too hard about the BEST way to do it..queue, array, or stack..use a design pattern or just wing it..whereas in AutoIt3 usually there is one way to do it, or there is one standard UDF out there and you use that. Speaking of off topic!

*Disclaimer: this is just a hobby for me, so don't take what I say about programming too seriously.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:41 AM by daddydave »

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:04 PM »
I definitely appreciate being able to search the Code::Blocks forums -- I often find an answer or a clue that helps me out with whatever difficulty is current :)

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41 PM »
I decided to use Code::Blocks for Mouser's C++ programming school.  It loads much quicker than Visual C++ Express and the plug-in system is very nicely implemented. I installed it right on top of version 8 and it didn't cause any problems.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 03:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing your success with upgrading :)

Haven't taken the dive yet -- I'm running one of the Nightly builds from Feb of this year.  It works so well that I don't feel tempted to upgrade...yet.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 02:53 PM »
I should also say, I got a message that the code snippets addin (codesnippets.dll IIRC) wasn't compatible and got disabled. Although there's a different code snippet thing built in or well integrated. No problems with any other add-in that I've seen.